Sunday, April 5, 2009
Joy
I feel a bit guilty posting about March Madness when there were far more important things that happened over this past weekend - General Conference, obviously, and also the blessing for me of spending time with several of my best friends and their families. I felt such joy listening to the words of our prophets and apostles, and I felt such joy being with some of my oldest and dearest friends and their parents and children. How grateful for I am for them and their friendship. I love re-connecting with their kids when I can, and this weekend I especially loved watching conference on Saturday afternoon with my 8 year old friend, who is the son of one of my best friends. He watched it all with me, played General Conference bingo, asked me some doctrinal questions brought up in his mind by some of the talks, sang along to the congregational hymn, and after one particularly powerful talk turned to me and said "Isn't it amazing how they can just say something and you just feel something?" I love this little man. He is such a great soul and I love watching him grow up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment