Sunday, April 17, 2011

Experiment

For two weeks now, I've been on a plant-based diet. Going 95% vegan has been the easiest diet change I've ever attempted, because I don't really feel deprived.

I assume this post begs the obvious question: do I feel different? Not quite as much as I expected. I suppose I feel more nourished and more balanced (i.e., no sugar crashes), but I'm still waiting for the grand epiphany where I feel one with Mother Earth and all her creatures, feel more in tune with my own intuition, etc. I'll let you know when that happens.

Maybe I have to get rid of the eggs first.

4 comments:

  1. I'd be interested to hear more details. Let me know. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Heather! Way to be a hippie!

    I've been heading that direction but am not there yet. Everyone keeps telling me it's going to make me anemic, but I already am, so I don't see the point in eating so much meat and dairy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get rid of eggs? Ha, you're too chicken!
    :)
    But seriously, have you been reading The China Study? Watching Food, Inc? What has inspired your experiment. I'll be interested to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah: If you really want the gory details, email me and I'll fill you in. Also, you should know that I've been 110% bitter for the last month or so that my employer is not sending me up your direction in June as I'd hoped they might. I might just have to plan my own trip up...I've feeing a little NE deprived lately. :)

    Lisa: Embrace your inner granola. About being anemic - I've been juicing spinach, kale, and collard greens (plus some fruits). I'll pass you along the recipe if you want; maybe it will help your iron intake.

    JennyB: Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete