Thursday, September 3, 2009
New excuse
My good friend was telling me this evening about visiting a military base recently, prior to her brother's upcoming deployment. To which I said, "You know, I don't think I've ever been to a military base." With an obvious tone of disappointment for me in her voice, she said "Oh, Heather, you're missing out. There are so many men...I felt a little out of place. I mean, there are just so many men." I asked her if she meant I was missing out on (1) the general experience, or (2) potential dates. She said "well, just think, you could have a new date every night." So there you have it - it's all about supply and demand. A good man is hard to find because we're at war, people. All the men must be going off to war.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When I was a freshman at BYU, my great uncle was a bishop at the MTC. One Sunday he thought it would be a good idea to take me to the MTC for church and lunch at the cafeteria. I felt a little out of place, and sort of obvious. Why would my uncle think that was a good idea? To take a freshman girl to the MTC for lunch? And, no potential for dates!
ReplyDelete