While searching through some archived emails at work today, I stumbled upon this:

A couple of years ago my parents went to Yellowstone. My mom, in her pre-trip research, had discovered there was a webcam at Old Faithful. So when they got to Old Faithful they called me at work, and then they waved at me (or rather, they waved at the webcam, which I could see them on). They're the little blue and beige couple in the front (the only people facing the webcam, which everyone else appears obvlious to).
They just make me laugh sometimes. Once my co-worker, in trying to describe an adoptive couple she met with, described them as "your parents" - ultra-conservative, old at heart, reserved. Since she used the term "your parents" I was confused, and responded with: "My parents? That doesn't sound like my parents at all." :)
I remember the great couch debate.
ReplyDeleteI'll be in Yellowstone next week--want me to give you a call?