Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day


What does it mean for winter if I didn't poke my head out of the house today until just about 30 minutes ago? And I didn't see my shadow?

This is turning into a very strange week. I have not worked more than an hour or so yesterday and today (my employer follows the local school's schedule for closing, and I keep cheering on their closing announcements!), have not worn contacts or make-up in two days, and I drove on a sheet of ice yesterday to go to Wal-mart. I'm starting to feel like I can barely recognize myself. But I like it. I watched a feel-good Disney movie today, am getting ridiculous amounts of stuff done around my house, and am wishing I had tax software already purchased so I could get my taxes done tomorrow (because, yes, we are closed again).

Just to make the week stranger, on Sunday, I took a nap on my balcony. Its quite possible that I can only successfully take naps on concrete warmed by the sun. This has been quite the serendipitous discovery on my part, and it's brought back such happy memories of the naps I used to take at BYU.

No comments:

Post a Comment