Monday, August 1, 2011

I stumbled across this yesterday

http://missionary.lds.org/dress-grooming

And honestly, I find it mind-boggling. These are NOT the kind of sample pictures I was sent pre-mission. They are also not outfits that would have been acceptable in my mission. (On the whole, they are much, much cuter.) Did I miss some global paradigm shift regarding the dress of sister missionaries?

3 comments:

  1. You know, I looked at the photos from this link and was very upset for a little while. But after having started in on the reading material, I'm okay. The principles are still the same—they just got trendier people to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the principles are the same, but isn't the application different? Bright colors, for example, weren't ok in my mission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously?! I noticed that the sister missionaries (who were serivng in our current ward) were dressed...pretty much like the photos from this link. Totally different from my mission experience. I still remember someone asking me if all American women wore such manly-shoes (referring to my mary jane Doc Martens).

    ReplyDelete