Sunday, June 21, 2015

Idaho

Last weekend I sat at this campfire near the Snake River with my friends and their family. Around the time I was taking this pic my friend's 86 year old grandma told me she just sings the words watermelon and cantaloupe now when she doesn’t remember the words to the hymns, illustrated for me how well this works, and told me that sometimes her friends join her in this approach. She also told me she and her husband were too busy to make babies when he was in the bishopric, hence the gap in her children’s ages. As you might expect, I found this whole conversation really entertaining. It was surprisingly nice being in Idaho. Green, pretty, wholesome. I feel the state has a PR problem by being known mostly for potatoes.

2 comments:

  1. A couple of thoughts:
    1) I agree with the bad PR because I remember being surprised with how pretty and peaceful Idaho felt the first time I visited.
    2) I think I love your friend's Grandma ☺️
    And
    3) I miss you and it was nice "hearing" your voice again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! I miss you back. I actually spent some time rereading previous blog posts recently, which means I came across several of your comments and go to "hear" your voice too. Love you - Heather

    ReplyDelete