Saturday, May 14, 2016

Vegeversary

That's right. I just marked 5 years since I started this. I admit that I've leaned a little less vegan though lately I'm starting to lean back into that more (just tried out a promising yogurt substitute). The journey to health is definitely still a work in progress (what isn't?). When I realized I was approaching 5 years earlier this year, I really got thinking: this is a milestone. I need to celebrate. And then I started talking vegeversary, which got both my good friend Julie and my Dad talking Lucille Ball (think Vitamitavegamin). I also started thinking out loud about doing a juice cleanse; I wish you could see my Dad's face both times I mentioned this to him (think a mixture of I 'swallowed bad medicine' mixed with 'is this possibly my daughter?') I've also been thinking about a Vitamix. In the end, I decided....

There you have it: my first Vitamix creation. It was sort of an epic fail (too. much. kale.), but I learned from my library book smoothie cookbook research that to fix a fail you can: (1) add a banana, or (2) freeze the leftovers into cubes to use in future smoothies. I have now done both. This is definitely going to be a journey learning to cook with this expensive baby.

Confession about my vegetarianism: In the last 5 years I've probably eaten meat 2-3 times on accident (probably about the same amount of time I violated the Word of Wisdom on accident, so I don't really feel guilty about either) and 2-3 times on purpose. Not too shabby in 5 years, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment